You might be thinking of the proverb “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.”
Let me share with you various research of its health benefits.
There have been studies that it may reduce the risk of :
1. Lung cancer
2. Colon cancer
3. Prostate cancer
5. Diabetes. It lowers the body’s need for insulin.
6. Alzheimer’s prevention. The quercetin in apples may protect brain cells from the kind of free radical damage that may lead to Alzheimer’s disease.
They may also help with
1. Heart disease. It contains pectin that lowers the level of bad cholesterol.
2. Weight loss. It is a low-sodium food that fiber-rich. The fiber helps you feel full longer.
3. Rheumatism. It aids in the healing process.
4. Bone protection. Research says that a flavanoid called phloridzin that’s found only in apples may protect women from osteoporosis. Boron is another ingredient that strengthens bones.
5. Digestion. It regulates bowel movement.
6. Dental care. The fiber cleans the teeth plus it contains antiviral properties to keep bacteria away.
7. Skin care. You can add honey and milk into a paste to make your skin glow. Or just eat it, it prevents wrinkling of skin thus making you young and radiant. It has been proven that is one of nature’s best antioxidants.
When you buy apples, be sure to scrub and wash it well because they are waxed.